Brain injury symptoms can vary drastically depending on the type of injury and extent of damage that has been done. In mild cases, brain injury symptoms may include temporary confusion, headache, or even a short loss of consciousness. However, even these mild symptoms should be brought to the attention of a medical professional as soon as possible. Left untreated, brain injury can result in permanent damage.
If you have sustained a brain injury in an accident, please contact the Law Offices of Mickey Fine or call (661) 333-3333 to schedule a free consultation with our Bakersfield brain injury attorney.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Symptoms of serious or traumatic brain injury may include:
- Loss of consciousness or inability to respond to others
- Uneven pupil dilation
- Vision issues including blindness
- Headache and nausea
- Ear ringing or hearing loss
- Inability to speak
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Difficulties breathing
- Loss of sensation in body parts
These symptoms of brain injury are often noticed on the scene of an accident, but brain injury is not always diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms that may occur days or even weeks after your accident include:
- Vertigo or problems balancing
- Feeling sleepy or constantly fatigued
- Problems with concentration and memory
- Inability to process new information
- Lapses in good judgment
- Loss of attention span
- Emotional changes including irritation and anxiety
- Laughing, crying, or yelling at inappropriate times
Each person experiences brain injury in a different way, but all brain injuries can result in a permanent loss of function and may require extensive medical treatment to help overcome. When your brain injury is the result of someone else’s negligence, you need an experienced attorney on your side to help ensure you are provided the compensation you will require to make the best recovery possible.
To schedule a free consultation with our experienced Bakersfield brain injury attorney, please contact us today. Mickey Fine serves victims of brain injury throughout all of California.