The steps you take after a car accident in Bakersfield will play an important role in the type of compensation you are able to seek for your damages. If your injures are so severe as to make taking action impossible, Bakersfield car accident lawyer Mickey Fine will do what’s necessary to build your case. However, when possible, taking certain steps both on the scene and immediately following will be incredibly helpful when it comes time to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
Following a car accident, try to:
- Contact 911 – cooperate with EMTs and police, but do not admit fault
- Get the other driver’s information – this includes driver’s license, license plate, VIN number, vehicle information, and contact information
- Get witness information – this includes names, phone numbers and email addresses
- Take photos – get multiple angles and include as much background as possible
- Contact your insurance company – and whatever you do, do not admit fault
As soon as you are cleared to leave an accident, contact your doctor for a thorough medical examination. Shortly after that, contact Bakersfield car accident lawyer Mickey Fine to schedule your free initial consultation.
If you are looking for a car accident lawyer in or around Bakersfield, California, please contact the Law Offices of Mickey Fine or call (661) 333-3333 to schedule your free initial consultation.