This year’s holiday season is in full swing. Typically, the holiday season involves family get togethers, office parties, and many celebrations. Unfortunately, the holiday season is also a common time for people to drink and drive. Even if you are not someone who drinks and drives, you have to be cognizant of the fact that others on the road do drive while intoxicated.
Therefore, it’s important to be especially aware of the possibility of encountering a drunk driver this holiday season. By staying aware and taking the proper precautions, you can significantly reduce the risk of being involved in a car accident with a drunk driver.
The following tips will help you avoid getting into a car accident with a drunk driver this holiday season:
- Avoid driving late at night, especially on actual holiday nights such as Christmas eve, Christmas day, and New Year’s Eve
- Stay in the right lane — it gives you more options to get out of the way if a drunk driver is headed towards you
- Stay very aware of other drivers on the road — if they are driving erratically, pull over and let them pass
- Always make sure there is a designated driver in your group
- If you are hosting a holiday party, be on the lookout for anyone who is too drunk to drive home — offer these people a place to stay at your house or try to call them a cab to avoid putting a drunk driver on the road
Keep yourself and your friends and family safe this holiday season by avoiding dangerous driving situations. If, however, you are injured by a drunk driver, you will need an experienced car accident attorney on your side. With more than 2 decades of experience fighting for the rights of drunk driving car accident victims in the Bakersfield area, Mickey Fine can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Please contact The Law Offices of Mickey Fine today to schedule a free car accident consultation. Mr. Fine serves clients in the Bakersfield, California area.