Labor Day weekend is around the corner. This offers many of us a great chance to get away from the stress of work for a few days and spend a long weekend celebrating the end of summer with family and friends. These celebrations typically take the form of parties or barbeques where beer is often the beverage of choice.
If you are planning on attending a Labor Day celebration with family and friends, it’s important to take the necessary steps to avoid the risk of being involved in a drunk driving car accident. While there will likely be a DUI crackdown throughout Bakersfield during Labor Day weekend, it is still your responsibility to ensure the safety of your loved ones.
The following tips will help you make sure your friends and family stay safe after a day of celebrating at a Labor Day party:
- Have a designated driver — If you’re going to be drinking, make sure someone in your group commits to staying sober and being a responsible designated driver.
- Call a taxi — If no one is able to drive, call a taxi to take you home. You can always get your car in the morning. The safety of your friends and family is worth the cost of a couple taxi rides.
- Allow others to stay the night — If you’re hosting a Labor Day gathering, plan on letting those who are too drunk to drive home stay the night.
- Avoid late night driving — More drunk drivers will be on the road as the night gets later. If possible, try to beat the rush of travelers so that you can reduce your risk of being injured by someone else who drank irresponsibly.
- Drive defensively — Even if you’re sober, there’s always a chance that you will be sharing the road with drunk drivers. Stay alert and look for signs of erratic driving behavior from others. If you suspect someone may be driving drunk, try to find an alternate route to avoid getting into a car accident with them.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages. Mickey Fine is a Bakersfield car accident attorney with more than 25 years of experience fighting for the rights of injury victims. He’ll stand by your side every step of the way to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Please contact the Law Offices of Mickey Fine today to schedule your free car accident consultation. Mr. Fine serves clients in Bakersfield, California.